We are now faced with so many new surgical techniques and medications that are used all around the world. People are capable of living for a much longer period of time. The problem is the body you have when you are 20 will be different than when at 50 or at 70. SO many different issues, both environmental and genetic are going to affect the way in which you age.
Sometimes we cannot do anything about what we suffer from and the conditions that affect us. EEOICPA is a great example of that. There are many covered illnesses under EEOICPA act and when you age more because of the actions of someone else that is responsible, you wil need to take action. However, in many cases aging is completely natural.
The conditions that are the most widespread among those that are over 65 years old include heart disease, arthritis, cancer, flu, pneumonia and stroke. We are also faced with a much higher possibility of being hurt during falls. They can easily result in the appearance of a hip fracture. The elderly need to deal with these much more often than those in other age groups.
When looking at the life of elders it is quite hard not to find some sort of health problem that exists. It is quite common for seniors to deal with the following, among many others:
- Heart conditions – this includes vascular disease, high blood pressure, coronary artery disease and hypertension
- Dementia – Alzheimer’s disease is included in this category
- Bowel or urinary incontinence
- Sleeping problems
- Eye problems
- Breathing difficulties
- Weight loss
The Body Changes
As we age our body will change. Unfortunately, most people have no idea about the changes that can appear. It is always better to be prepared than to be completely surprised when something bad happens. Some of the changes that are really common as our body ages include:
- Reaction times are reduced. This is important as it can negatively affect many day-to-day activities like driving or even walking.
- Skin is thinner. This would cause the body to more easily be affected by tears and wounds will not heal as fast as in the past.
- The immune system is weaker. It is much tougher to fight diseases, bacteria and viruses.
- Sense of smell or taste is reduced. That is important for many, with smokers even more as it can lead to a much diminished dehydration and appetite.
The entire list of conditions you can be faced with is daunting. Besides everything mentioned above there are many other things that can go wrong. What is really important is to improve quality of life and to go to the doctor when it is needed. Making dietary and lifestyle changes can make the aging problems appear later. Once they appear, it is important to deal with them as soon as possible. Doctors will help and as already mentioned, technology and medicine are so much better than they used to be.